A simple way of getting a certificate with chain for a website is to use the browser. In this topic, we explain how to export a certificate file using Firefox and Chrome browsers.
Getting a certificate with chain file using Mozilla Firefox browser
The steps to do this using Mozilla Firefox browser are as follows:
1. Open your website page in the Firefox browser. Click on the lock icon next to the website address and select “Certificate”.
2. In the next section, click “More Information”.
3. In the opened window, click “View Certificate”.
4. In the opened window, go to “Details” and click “Export”.
5. In the opened window, you can select the location where you want the certificate file to be saved, click “Save as type” and select "509 certificate with chain (PEM)", and finally click “Save”.
Getting a certificate with chain file using Chrome browser
1. Enter your website’s URL in the browser. Click the lock icon next to the site address, and select “Certificate”.
2. In the opened window, go to “Details” and select “Copy to File”.
3. In the opened window, click “Next”.
4. In the next window, select “Cryptographic Message Syntax Standard-PKCS # 7 Certificates (.P7B)”, and check the “Include all certificates in the certificate path if possible” option. Finally, click “Next”.
5. In the next step, click “Browse”.
6. In the opened window, select a name and a location to save the file and click “Save”.
7. Click “Next” to move to the next step.
8. Click “Finish” to complete the file export process.